Quick, easy, and simple home recipe for delicious, refreshing Korean sikhye! Say goodbye to complicated and tedious sikhye recipes. No more cooking rice, adding malt, filter, and fermenting.
Make up to 4.5 Liters of delicious sweet Korean sikhye within 2 hours! Simply pour rice, water, and sikhye mix into your rice cooker and finish for 2 hours. Don’t have a rice cooker? No problem! Simply pour the same three ingredients into a bottle and age for 6 hours.
Enjoy this healthy, delicious, traditional homemade sikhye made from 100% domestic Korean rice rich in dietary fiber and free from synthetic additives.
Directions with Rice Cooker
- Add the sikhye base, enzyme, rice flour, and half a bowl of rice into the rice cooker. (Prepare warm water 35°C/95°F and rice separately)
- Slowly add 2 Liters of warm water into the rice cooker.
- Stir all the ingredients well to ensure everything mixes together.
- Keep the rice cooker warm and let it mature for 2 hours.
- After maturing, cool off and store in the refrigerator.
Directions without Rice Cooker
- Add 2 liters of warm water in a suitable container and stir in 1 sikhye base, 1 enzyme, 1 rice flour, and half a bowl of Rice
- Let it mature at room temperature for 6 hours.
- Boil the matured sikhye gently before cooling down.
- Place in the refrigerator and enjoy it cool.
- If keeping for storage, make sure to boil the sikhye once again to maintain freshness and avoid spoiling.