Sounds of Tigak Tegak
Subscribe to Mill Blog to read interesting articles, helpful reviews, recommendations and more!
“All that and a bag of chips!”
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Tigak Tegak! This is the sound of every bite of crispy, crunchy bugak Korean chips. Forget about regular potato chips, this wonderfully crispy, airy, and healthy treat is absolutely brimming with flavor and nutrition. Tigak Tegak features natural ingredients that have been coated in sweet rice paste and fried in sunflower oil.
Tigak Tegak chips are the main brand of SeaWorld Co., Ltd and has been blowing up in popularity since its founding. This addictingly tasty snack is inherently versatile with many varieties and flavors based on different native Korean ingredients. Perfect as a tasty and healthy snack for children, or the perfect savory bar snack for adults!
This healthy and ridiculously tasty snack is actually deeply rooted in Korean history and culture. Bugak in Korean is a reference to traditional deep-fried (twigim) vegetable dishes. It was developed back in Korea’s history as a safe, reliable, and practical way of preserving fresh ingredients in their peak season. By covering them with glutinous rice paste, our Korean ancestors were able to enjoy the peak flavors of fresh ingredients well into the brutal Korean winter when food was scarce. The bugak could be stored in a cool, dry place for extended periods of time before being fried and enjoyed by everyone! Bugak is actually known as a Korean temple food and is relatively rarely used in Korean cuisine.
However, Tigak Tegak took this amazing process to the next level for their bugak chips.
Taste of the Sea!
Tigak Tegak chips start with fresh Korean ingredients collected from the deep mountain highlands of Gangwon-do.
Rather than using heavy amounts of salt for flavor, these ingredients are then brined in deep seawater rich with organic minerals. This naturally salts the individual ingredients before they’re battered with glutinous rice and fried in sunflower oil. Deep seawater taken from 600m below sea level is packed with minerals and organic matter with nutrients such as phosphoric acid, nitric acid, ammonium, and silicic acid. The result is a crunchy, sweet, and delightfully toasty and naturally salty bite. It perfectly highlights the natural flavor, aroma, and nutrition of high-quality native Korean ingredients.
The chips enter the final stage of frying by being coated with glutinous rice and fried in sunflower oil. Each chip swells up like a delicious, aromatic white flower that you can enjoy to your heart’s content without guilt! All Tigak Tegak chips are processed in HACCP Certified Facilities to ensure safe products free of any bacteria.
Try them all now!
Seoul Mills now offers 7 different flavors from the Tigak Tegak Collection! You can crunch into these delicious and healthy chips anytime, anywhere thanks to the convenient resealable packaging. Be warned, you will love all the flavors in our collection!
- Seaweed bugak is one of the classic flavors of traditional Korean bugak. You’ll forget all about regular potato chips once you try Tigak Tegak’s fried seaweed chips! Crunchy, sweet, and lightly salted with no MSG. Fibrous, deep ocean seaweed is full of natural organic salts that give the chips their delightfully light and slightly salty flavor. Seaweed contains iodine and tyrosine and is a good source of vitamins and minerals. They also provide fiber and polysaccharides that can support gut health.
- Tigak Tegak’s baby blue crab bugak chips are full of delicious, toasted flavor in every crispy, crunchy bite! Blue crabs are rich in essential amino acids and vitamins such as taurine, methionine, and cystine. They are excellent detoxifiers and lower cholesterol, making them ideal for patients in recovery and the elderly. Taste the natural sea flavor and savoriness of baby blue crab with no added coloring, MSG, and harmful chemical additives.
Tigak Tegak Korean Chili Pepper Chips
- Korean spice captured in a tasty crispy snack! Peppers contain natural capsaicin, great for boosting metabolism and aiding digestive health. The peppers are then battered in glutinous rice and fried in sunflower oil adding a sweet, light taste in the final crisp! Delicious and nutritious, with a spicy kick, these pepper chips are an absolute must-try!
- Grab a bag of Tigak Tegak's lotus root chips for a tasty and healthy treat! The unique shape of the lotus root makes eating the chips even more addicting. Lotus root is absolutely brimming with vitamins and minerals like Vitamin B, Vitamin C, iron, potassium, copper, thiamin, and zinc, among others. It is also a good source of protein and dietary fiber. Delicious and nutritious, lotus root chips are perfect for kids and adults alike!
Tigak Tegak Dried Pollock Chips
- Enjoy Tigak Tegak’s Dried Pollock Chips with that delicious, toasted flavor of traditional Korean Hwang Tae Tang! Dried pollock is a high protein food and acts as a powerful antioxidant that removes free radicals that are harmful to the human body, helping prevent cellular damage and aging. In addition, it activates the cells in the body and helps recovery from fatigue. Taste the natural sea flavor and savoriness of dried pollock with no added coloring, MSG, and harmful chemical additives.
Tigak Tegak Fire-Roasted Burdock Chips
- Enjoy Tigak Tegak’s fire-roasted burdock chips with that delicious, toasted flavor in every crispy, chewy bite! Traditional Korean burdock roots are fibrous, low-calorie, and full of health benefits! Delicious and nutritious, burdock chips are perfect for kids and adults alike.
- You’ll forget all about regular potato chips once you try Tigak Tegak’s fried kelp chips! Fibrous, deep ocean kelp is full of natural organic salts that give the chips their delightfully light and slightly salty flavor. Sea Kelp also contains iodine and tyrosine and is a good source of vitamins and minerals. It provides fiber and polysaccharides that can support gut health. Taste the natural sea flavor with no added coloring, MSG, and harmful chemical additives.
Add a comment