These ingredients are farmed from specific regions known to specialize in each produce and are only harvested while in season. They are then dried through traditional methods and packaged in HACCP certified facilities in order to ensure only clean, high-quality products. Pepper leaves have a deep, slightly spicy flavor that's sure to fuel anyone's appetite. They are rich in vitamins and nutrients and stir-fried pepper leaves are a popular Korean side. It is delicious simply on its own with rice, but is even better when paired with dried radish!
1. Soak the leaves in lukewarm water for 1 hour.
2. Rinse under running water 3-4 times, until completely clean.
3. Boil for 30 minutes, then leave to cool.
4. Squeeze excess water from the leaves and fry in a pan with perilla oil (or any oil of your choice) and preferred ingredients such as garlic, green onion, salt, etc.
5. Enjoy as stir-fry or add to your mixed rice (bibimbap)!