This item is shipped separately from other regular Seoul Mills items by FREE two-day delivery service. This specific item requires cold storage to stay fresh and safe to eat.
NOTE: While Separate Free Shipping items automatically receive FREE two-day shipping, other Seoul Mills items still fall under normal shipping rates. To receive free shipping, users must reach a total of $100, NOT including Separate Free Shipping products in their order as they are shipped separately.
Dried Yellow Corvina (Gulbi) (2 Fish per Pack, 10 Packs per Order) Total of 20
Featuring the premium taste of Yeonggwang Beopseongpo Gulbi (traditional Korean dried yellow Corvina) dried in the fresh sea breeze off the Korean coast. Delicious and savory without an overly fishy taste or aroma! Made from carefully selected yellow Corvina (17-19 cm) and seasoned with natural salt according to traditional recipes.
Sourced from Korea's Yeonggwang, Jeollanam-do, renowned for its ideal climate and natural sea breeze, perfect for making Korean Gulbi. Only natural salt stored for over 1 year is used in seasoning. Yeonggwang Beopseongpo Gulbi is highly sought after for its distinctive taste, quality, and texture that stands above other Korean Gulbi.
- Caution: Do not soak the dried yellow Corvina in water!
- Storage method: Keep frozen.
1. Using kitchen shears, trim off the fins, gills, and tails of the fish.
2. Using a knife, carefully remove scales from tail to head.
3. Rinse the trimmed fish under running water.
4. Wipe off excess moisture from the fish with a kitchen towel.
Grilled Yellow Corvina
1. Remove only the fins of dried yellow Corvina.
2. Bake the frozen dried yellow Corvina with low heat on a grill or in an oven.
Spicy and Savory Gulbi Soup (Maeoontang)
1. Remove fins and scales.
2. Cut thick slices of radish and add to a boiling pot.
3. Add dried yellow Corvina, red pepper powder, green peppers, zucchini, and mushrooms, then boil again.
4. Add garlic and mugwort, then season.
Braised Yellow Corvina
1. Prepare broth with anchovies and kelp.
2. Lay radish, zucchini, or bracken at the bottom of the pot.
3. Place the trimmed fish on top.
4. Add prepared sauce (soy sauce, red pepper powder, ginger powder, garlic, sesame oil).
Note: Gulbi is naturally salted, so be careful not to add too much sauce.
6. Add everything to the prepared broth and simmer gently over low heat.
7. Add chopped scallions and season it to taste!
Yellow Corvina 99.5%, Sea salt 0.5%