This Ottogi Stuffed Pancake Mix is an easy way to make one of Korea's favorite street foods knows as Hotteok, or Sweet Glutinous Rice Pancake. It is crispy and chewy on the outside with a sweet, gooey filling on the inside. Hotteok is commonly sold on the streets by vendors, but now you can enjoy this appetizing dessert in the comfort of your own home!
1. Dissolve the instant yeast in 250mL (approx. 1 cup) of warm water (no need to ferment!).
2. Add the Stuffed Pancake mix and mix well.
3. When the dough becomes firm, knead for about 5 minutes, then round it up into the center.
4. Slightly grease your hands (so the dough won't stick) and take chunks (about 65g) of the dough and flatten in the palm of your hand.
5. Add a spoonful of the jam mix to the center of the flattened dough, then roll into a ball.
6. Preheat the pan over high heat, then lower it to medium-low heat and add about 1 Tablespoon of oil.
7. Place a ball of dough into the pan and flatten (preferably with an oiled spatula). When the bottom is slightly brown. Flip it over and until golden brown.
8. Repeat this method until you finish cooking all the dough. Enjoy!
Pancake Mix: Wheat Flour, Modified Tapioca Starch (Hydroxypropyl Tapioca Starch, Sugar, Skim Milk Powder), Glutinous Rice Powder, Sugar, Corn Starch, Potato Starch, Modified Waxy Corn Starch, Corn Oil, Salt, Baking Powder, Riboflavin Jam Mix: Brown Sugar, Glucose, Black Sugar, Roasted Peanut Powder, Wheat Flour, Corn Oil, Molasses Powder, Mixed Formulation (Calcium Phosphate, Tribasic, Calcium Carbonate), Roasted Sesame, Cinnamon Powder, Glucosyl Stevia, Chocolate Flour (Artificial), Green Tea Extract Instant Yeast: Dry Yeast, Sorbitan Monostearate, Vitamin C
*Contains Wheat, Milk, Peanut