Elevate your cooking with the tasty savoriness of Korean Dried Shredded Pollock from Yongdae-ri! Known as “Hwangtae Village”. This Yongdae-ri village is located in the Gangwon-do Province, where the inland mountains meet the strong ocean winds of the East Sea. The mountainous area of Gangwon-do Province has the perfect climate and environment for naturally drying pollock due to its wide daily temperature range and brisk ocean winds.
The pollock goes through many cycles (about 20!) of freezing, thawing and drying thanks to the rapidly changing temperatures during the winter season. This is how Yongdae-ri dried pollock achieves clean natural taste and the soft, tender, chewy texture perfect for cooking.
The cold temperatures, strong winter winds from the East sea, and the perfect amount of sunlight are why 70% of Korean dried pollock is produced right in Yongdae-ri. Its famous Hwangtae restaurants are the pride of this local Korean village. Now you can enjoy the amazing flavor, delightful chewiness, and premium quality of Shredded Dried Pollock from Yongdae-ri! Great for cooking and even as a hangover cure!
Recipe for dried pollock soup
- Grease a pot with oil, add dried pollock, and stir-fry.
- Pour water and bring it to a boil.
- Add to boiling water along with eggs, green onions, and garlic.
- You can also add your favorite seasonings or ingredients!
- Store in a cool place, dry place away from moisture and direct sunlight or refrigerate.