Fresh makgeolli (DIY Kit) offers a soft, sweet taste with a subtle fragrance of oriental melon, and a clean finish that provides a refreshing sensation.
- A rice wine (makgeolli) kit that can be easily made at home
- Simple DIY process (fermentation process takes only 36 hours)
- Made with safe Korean rice and brown rice ingredients
- Each kit includes 3 packs (150g), which can make 1.5 bottles per pack (based on 1L of water)
- It causes less hangover, making it enjoyable even the next day
- Produced in an FDA certified manufacturing facility for reliability
How to enjoy:
- Empty the contents of one SSAL KKOT Makgeolli Kit (150g) into a container, add lukewarm water, and stir until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- To initiate the fermentation process, cover the container with a loose lid and allow air to circulate into the container. Place the container in a room with a temperature of 20-25°C and stir the mixture occasionally every 12 hours.
- The fermentation process is complete when a clear liquid layer forms on top of the original mixture. For a richer taste, refrigerate the container at a low temperature for two to three days.
- To enjoy the full flavor of SSAL KKOT Makgeolli, taste the clear liquid layer first, and then shake the container and serve.
- Adjust the water level according to your personal preference to achieve the desired alcohol content: 620ml for 12%, 780ml for 10%, 1L for 7%, and 1.4L for 5%.
- Store the container in a cool, dark place, away from direct sunlight and heat sources.
- For a clearer taste, use a cotton cloth or a filter to strain the rice from the mixture.
- Add yuja (citron) syrup, hongcho (red vinegar), honey, or other ingredients of your choice to enhance the flavor according to your preference.
- If refrigerated, the makgeolli can be stored for up to 30 days.
Ingredients: Korean White Rice, Brown Rice, Unpolished Rice, Sugar, Mixtures (Yeast, Emulsifier, Vitamin C), Active Dry Yeast, Mixtures (Glucoamylase, α-Amylase), Citric Acid